About Me

My photo
Pacific Northwest, United States
I am The Shytrovert a proud, moderately shy INFP and this is my blog. I write about society, relationships, current events and how shy and introverted folks can cope in an extroverted world.

4/21/10

I'm So Quiet? We'll You're So Rude!

GRRRR!!! If there’s anything that gets under a shytrovert’s skin more it’s the phrase “you’re so quiet” or its equally annoying variant, “why are you so quiet?” I mean seriously! Not only are these questions rude, but they’re like asking someone “why are you so red headed?” or “why are you so black/white/Asian?” The horror of this is there never seems to be a decent enough comeback at the ready (shytroverts don’t think quickly on their feet and would be too afraid of sounding harsh even if they could). Luckily, what we lack in quickness as shytroverts we make up for with the introverted skill of reflection and writing ability. Using mine, I came up with a list of one-liners ranging from mild to spicy that I can toss out at the rude and clueless (extroverts). One-liners with asterisks have been real-world tested by yours truly.



1. It’s my ninja training: old habits die hard.


2. I was sent to Earth to observe.*


3. Well, somebody has to be the designated listener!


4. It’s easier to hear myself think.


5. I guess the cat got my tongue; I’m still waiting to get it back.


6. Oh, do you really think so? I’ve been practicing so hard!


7. Keep talking, I'm writing a book.*


8. I'm plotting a world-wide take over*


9. I don’t like to question God’s wisdom on such matters.


10. That’s very astute of you!


11. I am? Thanks for pointing that out!


12. Wow! Sherlock Holmes has nothing on you!


13. Nothing gets past you, does it?


14. That’s a conundrum wrapped in a riddle and dipped in an enigma.


15. Must be a good reason; God doesn’t make mistakes.


16. I read somewhere that about 30% of all people are quiet.


17. When I figure it out, I’ll get back to you.


18. Are you serious?


19. What do you mean, quiet?


20. Care to elaborate?


21. I am? Please, tell me how I can change!


22. If my shrink couldn’t figure it out, I’m sure I don’t know!


23. I'm saving my voice for primal scream week. Oh, you never heard of it?


24. I have a rare condition called introvertstendtobequietitis.


25. Why do you have blue/brown/gray/green eyes/ten digits/two ears?


Now it’s your turn. Let me know what you think. Do you have some zingers or comebacks to share that you’ve either used or want to use?

3 comments:

  1. Haha, this is great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:12 AM

    Mine is: I don't give a fuck

    ReplyDelete