About Me

My photo
Pacific Northwest, United States
I am The Shytrovert a proud, moderately shy INFP and this is my blog. I write about society, relationships, current events and how shy and introverted folks can cope in an extroverted world.

1/29/14

When Introverts Aren't Around Extrovert's Say the Weirdest Sh*t!


As Featured On EzineArticles
 

Extroverts think and say the weirdest things about introverts when they're among themselves. Sometimes what they say moves from the odd to the downright nasty and mean.  A lot of extroverts assume if you don't talk much that you don't like them, you're stuck up, you're unfriendly.  All of these conclusions from you not saying a damn thing one way or the other.  Basically, if you're not fawning all over an extrovert like an overactive pup, well, you're just a big old nasty meanie! 

 

My husband has this syndrome really bad. He'll say of a grocery clerk who is all about business, not much banter, not nasty at all that "they're not that nice are they?"  I'm like, "Well, nobody has to fall all over me with small talk.  They're not rude, they're just not outgoing."  But to not be outgoing in the extroverted world is to be rude.  To me that's weird. 

 

Believe it or not, one can be polite and personable without turning on all syrupy, fake charm.  I truly believe that a lot of extroverts are faking that sh* too; it's manipulative. It's sociopathic.  I figure this is why it's so easy to take advantage of an extroverted person.  All you have to do is pour on the charm and they'll eat it up.  I'm just the opposite.  The more charming you are, the more I distrust you. 

 

Those people who jump in your face right away all friendly like and who barely know you often can't be trusted at all.  Usually I can tell when that type of behavior comes from a sincere place, but a lot of times it’s a way of trying to manipulate you or a way for that person to mask their own insecurities.  Whatever it is, I can't stand it.  Back the hell up, happy camper!  Nobody's that sunny without an agenda.

 

What do you think?  Am I just a hater and a meanie or do super ebullient extroverts have issues?